Solved

Seeking Advice: Requesting a Same-Day Refund from Klaviyo for Monthly Subscription

• 22 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Today, I was charged for my monthly subscription with Klaviyo. However, I intended to cancel my subscription before the invoice was generated. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to cancel it in time. I'd like to request a refund from Klaviyo as I no longer require their services, and I believe that since the invoice was generated just a day ago, it would be reasonable to expect a refund.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a way to contact them.

I wonder if you have experienced a similar situation with Klaviyo or other subscription-based services. If so, could you please share your insights on the following:

1. What is the best approach to request a refund from Klaviyo in this scenario?
  2. Should I include any specific points in my refund request to make it more persuasive or effective?
  3. Did you successfully obtain a refund in a similar situation? If so, how did you manage to do it?

Any guidance, advice, or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. I believe this information could not only help me but also other community members who may face similar situations in the future.

Thank you for your time and assistance. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Co-Founder

icon

Best answer by Kylie W 23 April 2023, 23:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Mohamed 

Thank you for the question in the Klaviyo community!

I would suggest referring to Klaviyo’s Terms of Service, which can be found here: https://www.klaviyo.com/legal/terms-of-service and you will specifically looking at section 6, I believe.

In my experience, when I have had to change or modify a plan, advice provided to me was to ensure that all plan changes are made in advance (suggested 48 hours) to the billing cycle resetting.

In terms of contact, you should be able to make contact with Klaviyo either via Chat or Email Support from your Klaviyo login, however this will depend on your plan.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Kylie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Mohamed

Thanks for your question and @Kylie W  for those helpful insights! 

Even if you are on a free plan, you can always submit a ticket about billing via this form. The Dropdown option is under the ‘request’ section of this page. From the dropdown options you can then choose ‘Billing Dispute’ and talk to support regarding your case! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor