Solved

Seeking Guidance on Navigating Payment Issues Due to RBI Regulation Changes

• 30 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello Klaviyo Community,

I am reaching out to the Klaviyo community for insights and possible solutions regarding a payment issue we are currently facing at OrganicBazar. We've encountered challenges while trying to make payments on Klaviyo, which seem to stem from the recent regulatory changes imposed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) concerning automated recurring subscription payments.

In our experience, we have been able to successfully complete payments to other US-based merchants like Datafeedwatch, WATI, and Sendgrid using the same Indian-issued cards. These transactions usually require an additional verification step, such as an OTP (One Time Password), which we manage without any issues. However, when attempting to make payments on Klaviyo, we face errors and are unable to proceed.

Given that Klaviyo is working on adapting to these new RBI regulations, I am curious to know if anyone in the community has faced similar challenges and found effective solutions or workarounds. Specifically, is there a way to incorporate an OTP-based verification for payments on Klaviyo as is done by other platforms? This solution, if feasible, could potentially resolve our payment issues.

Your insights and experiences could be invaluable in helping us find a resolution. We are eager to continue our use of Klaviyo’s services and hope to find a solution with your collective wisdom and support.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 1 December 2023, 04:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @healthunbox

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I can see that you also asked this question to our support team, but unfortunately, the only workaround at this time is to use another credit card with an issuing bank outside of India to upgrade your account.

However, I will continue to raise this as a request with our team and share on your behalf! 

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Hello Taylor,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to request assistance with the payment for Invoice #A4147BE8-0008, which amounts to $60 USD. We are interested in using an Indian credit card for this transaction.

A colleague from India recommended using a Stripe payment link, as they have successfully paid their invoices using this method. We are hopeful that this will work for us as well. Could you kindly provide us with such a Stripe payment link?

Your support in facilitating this payment is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we look forward to your prompt response.

Badge

Hi @healthunbox was this issue solved?