Solved

Sender email address + new branded sending domain

• 14 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello!

I’ve scoured the community forums and reddit and cannot seem to get a clear answer on this.

We have been using Klaviyo for 2+ years and have around 10,000 active subscribers but have never had a “branded sending domain” set up. Our “Sender email address” for campaigns and flows up until now has always been our company’s email “support@ourcustomdomain.com” and we have averaged between a 50%-70% open rate.

To keep in compliance with the new regulations, I have set up a “branded sending domain” following the Klaviyo tutorials to a T. Our new “branded sending domain” is “mail.ourcustomdomain.com”

Do I have to now change our “Sender email address” to “support@mail.ourcustomdomain.com” or can i leave it as “support@ourcustomdomain.com”?

I’m finding the documentation on warming a bit confusing:

Use cases for warming

Klaviyo customers moving to a branded sending domain

• Existing Klaviyo customers moving to a branded sending domain, DO NOT have to warm your infrastructure again, as long as you have:
    • A domain that has been registered for at least 30 days AND 
    • You’ve used the domain to send email already (e.g., you used this domain in the past with a prior email service provider or with Klaviyo in your from address).”

As I am an existing Klaviyo customer, i shouldn’t need to warm my infrastructure? But there is also zero mention of updating the “Sender email address”.

TYIA!

icon

Best answer by Bobby 14 February 2024, 11:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hi @gracebjb!

First, congrats on setting up the branded sending domain 🎉. I’ll reply below to each of your questions:

Q) Do I have to now change our “Sender email address” to “support@mail.ourcustomdomain.com” or can i leave it as “support@ourcustomdomain.com”?
You can leave it as “support@ourcustomdomain.com”. Having alignment with the top-level domain is what matters in the “Friendly From” address.

Below is an example of Eight Sleep’s configuration that follows a similar approach.

Q) As I am an existing Klaviyo customer, i shouldn’t need to warm my infrastructure? But there is also zero mention of updating the “Sender email address”.

Correct. Per the Klaviyo article you referenced there, it sounds like you meet all of the following criteria. Therefore, you would not need to warm your infrastructure again

• Existing Klaviyo customers moving to a branded sending domain, DO NOT have to warm your infrastructure again, as long as you have:
    • A domain that has been registered for at least 30 days AND 
    • You’ve used the domain to send email already (e.g., you used this domain in the past with a prior email service provider or with Klaviyo in your from address).”

Cheers,

Bobby