Solved

Setting Up a Dedicated Sending Domain with AWS

• 20 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Has anyone successfully set up their dedicated sending domain using AWS? If so, did you have to do anything differently or in addition to the steps provided by Klaviyo? I ask because we’re following the steps completely, yet unable to verify records. Any assistance is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 20 January 2022, 19:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Context Cam,

Welcome to the Community! Hope I can help with some info regarding your DNS set up!
If you are running into issues after setting up everything in AWS and trying to verify on Klaviyo, there could be some baseline issues we can check for. Some DNS providers don't accept "@" as a hostname. In that case, your TXT record will need to be added with your root domain as the hostname. The “@” symbol is just the shorthand method to achieve the same result (i.e., placement of a TXT record on the root domain). For example, the record will simply be:

Type: TXT

Hostname: YOURWEBSITE.COM
Value: klaviyo-site-verification=YOUR_PUBLIC_API_KEY

Just as a side note, only one Klaviyo account can only have one dedicated sending domain applied to it at a time.

If the above doesn't work, I would recommend contacting our Support team as they can handle private images and also take a closer dive into your account from our back end. 

Thanks!
Alex