Solved

Shopify Theme Change

• 26 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am already using Klaviyo on a vintage Shopify theme, and have Back in Stock, Viewed Product Tracking and Added to Cart Tracking set up, together with embedded forms.

Currently migrating to a 2.0 theme, and unable to find any information about whether I need to add these all over again?

If so, can I do that before the theme is published? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by retention 27 June 2022, 00:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Bonza Dog Treats, welcome to the community!

From my experience, if you are migrating to Shopify 2.0, you can follow the standard guide and enable the onsite tracking in the new Shopify “Klaviyo App Embed” process which includes the Active on Site, and the Viewed Product Tracking.  Note, if you have those manually installed, you may want to make sure to remove them if they are still in your code base in the new 2.0 Theme.

For the other two items : “Add to Cart” and “Back in Stock” you may have to install those manually following the guides linked here:

As for timing, since your old Shopify Theme may already have these installed (manually), you may want to enable “Klaviyo App Embed” only until your new Theme is Live so those functions aren’t “duplicated”.  For the custom integrated ones (Added to Cart, and Back in Stock) you can do those in your development Theme before the Theme goes Live.