Solved

Using Klaviyo builder/HTML send gmail annotations in gmail promotional tab

• 18 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Do I need to activate or look up specific settings for Google annotations? I've been trying for a while and can't seem to figure it out. How does this works? 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 18 January 2024, 22:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Nitish

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

First, I’d recommend checking our Google’s documentation on how to Annotate emails in the Promotions tab. Additionally, attempting this will only be possible in a custom coded HTML template, not our drag and drop editor, as specific coding is needed for this. While our experts were able to share that some success can be seen when following these two steps below, guaranteed placement is outside of Klaviyo’s control and ultimately up to Gmail/Google: 

• Disable the setting ‘Enable embedded styles’ under account Settings > Email > CSS Optimization
  • Create and upload the template as a pure HTML template. I actually couldn’t see the option to do that via the new editor, so you have to do ‘Create Template’ and then select the old editor, and then select the upload tab that then shows up and import it there

I’d check out this thread for more insight!

We are currently investigating if there are more avenues available to secure placement and display in the Promotions tab and will share any findings when we discover them! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Hi there @Nitish

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

First, I’d recommend checking our Google’s documentation on how to Annotate emails in the Promotions tab. Additionally, attempting this will only be possible in a custom coded HTML template, not our drag and drop editor, as specific coding is needed for this. While our experts were able to share that some success can be seen when following these two steps below, guaranteed placement is outside of Klaviyo’s control and ultimately up to Gmail/Google: 

• Disable the setting ‘Enable embedded styles’ under account Settings > Email > CSS Optimization
  • Create and upload the template as a pure HTML template. I actually couldn’t see the option to do that via the new editor, so you have to do ‘Create Template’ and then select the old editor, and then select the upload tab that then shows up and import it there

I’d check out this thread for more insight!

We are currently investigating if there are more avenues available to secure placement and display in the Promotions tab and will share any findings when we discover them! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Hi there,

Did you guys have some new findings about Gmail annotations?