What is the best way to pay for my Klaviyo account in India in light of RBI?

• 4 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone, 

Hope this message finds you well. I wanted to know that currently Klaviyo is facing payment issues in India due to new RBI policy. We can’t use Indian bank credit card.

Anyone knows how to settle this?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jeelsblog

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

Yes, we are aware that the in 2022, the Reserve Bank of India has prevented automated recurring subscription payments in excess of Rs 2,000 ($26 USD). If there is an issue with your payment, it is probably your bank blocking the payments on your end. We suggest contacting your bank and submitting a support ticket under the dropdown option of ‘Billing Dispute’  for any further issues or help needed to pay for your plan! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 
-Taylor 

Badge +2

@Taylor Tarpley, Thanks for your response.

Klaviyo’s basic plan start with $20 still not able to do the payment. And contacted support team & they told to use credit card issued outside India.

It is almost 1 year & still the issues is not resolved. I’m suggesting to add other payment method like PayPal or Chargebee. Other brands are using these payment method.

Please add alternative till you resolved the issues & able to add Indian credit card directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jeelsblog

Thanks for that additional info! 

Yes, I can see that you contacted our support team last year. We are currently working on method that supports this regulation, however in the mean time, using a CC issued outside of India is best when paying for your account’s subscription.  

However, I will add the submit the option of using Paypal or another service for Indian users as a feature request! 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

@Taylor Tarpley Is there any update on this? You have such a great tool but due to payment issues we are unable to upgrade & scale it. 

Hi everyone, 

Hope this message finds you well. I wanted to know that currently Klaviyo is facing payment issues in India due to new RBI policy. We can’t use Indian bank credit card.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm facing a challenging situation with my Klaviyo account here in India due to the recent RBI policy changes. Unfortunately, I'm unable to use my Indian bank credit card to make payments, and it's causing some disruption to my email marketing efforts. I've tried contacting support to seek a resolution, but it seems like the issue is affecting several users. As a result, many of us are left wondering about the best way to pay for our accounts under these circumstances. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @RaulJase,

Yes, unfotuntately, we do not have an update on this issue at the moment and we suggest using a CC issued outside of India is best when paying for your account’s subscription.  

@Jeelsblog, I’m very sorry, but we do not have an update so far. I will update this thread when this is the case!

-Taylor

Hi,

Can i use Amex Card issued in India in this case?

Badge

@Taylor Tarpley I will be re-starting a brand’s Klaviyo account and this time we won’t have access to the international issued credit card. 

Is there a way like a stripe link from where payment can be done?