Why am I still being charged for my deactivated account?

• 27 February 2023
  • 16 replies

Badge +1

I am absolutely shocked by how terrible Klayvio’s customer service is. I cancelled our company’s service nearly a year ago and Klayvio continues to charge our card $80 dollars a month. But because we no longer have a payment plan we have no access to an email for support to remedy the issue.   I have tried without fail to find a way to reach out and fix. 

I will be notifying our bank for $800 in chargebacks and telling my entire network not to use Klayvio.

16 replies

Badge +1

Would recommend contacting Klaviyo and asking for a refund, by providing them with the account email and card info. Not sure it’s Klaviyo’s fault if you lost access to your email address or really has any way to cancel your account if you’re not providing them with the requisite info to do so.

Charging back/disputing the charge could be considered credit card fraud, and may affect your relationship with your bank, result in higher interest rates, or even your account being closed. Many services won’t accept payments from cards that have charged back before. Would not advise doing that and instead work through normal CS channels to get a refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Laurencc

Very sorry to hear about your experience!

@MasonK - thanks for hopping on this thread! 

As Klaviyo deeply values our customers, we always allow users to submit requests when it comes to billing disputes! It is an option in the ‘request type’ dropdown. I know they will help you to get everything sorted out soon!

I would also investigate whether or not you have two duplicates accounts set up in the same brand name that might be leading to the continual billing.  

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi Taylor-

This isn’t a billing dispute. We cancelled our account with you last year. You have continued to charge us for those services on our card ($80 every month), but our membership is cancelled so we cannot contact you through membership services. 

If you could please provide me with an email to contact customer service to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise this issue will continue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Laurencc

I’m very sorry for the frustration you’ve experienced through this.

In my experience, there can be a misunderstanding that cancelling your integration’s storefront, such as with Shopify, automatically cancels your Klaviyo account. 

I would encourage you to reach out to our support team with the Support request’s form’s link I mentioned above, as you don’t have to be logged into your account for our team to investigate the issue.

-Taylor

Badge +1

We did not cancel the integration. We canceled the subscription. Our account says we are not paying members and to access support we need to upgrade our subscription. But— we’re still being charged.

can you please provide me with an email and a link to the page you’re referring to to help mitigate the issue? Once again— this feels like very unhelpful customer service.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Laurencc

We do not have an email address for support. For this situation please use this form to get in touch with support to resolve the issue you have described. Select Billing Dispute and they will respond shortly to resolve this. 

~Chloe

Badge

I completely empathize with @Laurencc ‘s experience.  Klaviyo accounting is incredibly insulated, inaccessible, and extremely slow to respond or simply nonresponsive.  Customers need timely, meaningful responses that address their specific issues, not generic links that are frustrating to get and unhelpful toward resolving a matter.  I am having my own issue regarding a monthly bill payment that I emailed success@ and growth@ about, as per the instruction on the bill payment emails. I just kept getting the invoice and then my account was suspended with no regard whatsoever to my emails, and now I am cut off from customer service toward resolving.  How can a legit business think that’s adequate and customer friendly?  Even a chat rep -- when I had access to chat before my account was suspended -- understood the situation and sent an “escalated” ticket to accounting with no response. @Laurencc’s  experience is exactly why I don’t want to pay the overcharged invoice. I have no confidence that I will be reimbursed. Incredibly frustrating.

Badge +1

It’s truly awful— it feels like a scam. How can a customer service team do so little resolve paying customer’s issues with the services they are supposed to be providing? 

customer service—how about you look into our account issues and help us resolve them? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@rachel2023, thank you for this feedback, we will share this on your behalf. I’m sorry you haven’t had a positive experience. Because this is a billing question, we (the community team) unfortunately do not have access to the system that is needed to resolve this for you. For this reason we redirect through the form so you can get in touch with support and get your issues solved. Regarding the email that you sent to success@ I apologize for any inconvenience there, that is an alias that only sends messages, it cannot receive messages. I am connecting with the billing Product Manager to ensure that this email address is not included in the invoice.

We checked in with the support team and it looks like you do have an open ticket that is currently being worked on. The Support page in your account will also be a great spot to head to if you are seeking help resources. 

For specific scenarios (account access issues, billing questions, etc.) the form that was provided will always get you to the support team for help

@Laurencc, were you able to submit your request through the form? They will be able to resolve this issue with you, but do let us know if you have any other questions.

~Chloe

Badge

Wait … are you saying that success@klaviyo.com does not RECEIVE messages??  That’s the contact email address listed in emails I received to reach out to Klaviyo with questions. See the screenshot below.

If that is the case, do you realize how frustrating it is to learn this now?  I never rec’d a bounced or reply email letting me know that the email address did not receive messages.  I lost DAYS because I was emailing to that address and waiting to hear back.  And STILL this matter is not resolved. Certainly you understand that an apology is simply inadequate.  Do something meaningful like resolving the issue. UNBELIEVABLE that Klaviyo is dragging its feet on this issue. Every day it is not resolved, you are disserving your customer. 

Badge

BTW, @Laurencc , I got a quick response after submitting the form at the link provided above.  The rep actually addressed my specific issue and I have been in conversation with Klaviyo since. Matter’s still not resolved tho. 😩  Hoping you are able to make some headway too … and that our matters actually get resolved!! Still can’t believe Klaviyo plays it out so poorly and makes it so hard. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@Laurencc, yes I understand the frustration, this should have been more streamlined. I am working with the Product Manager to update the email that you received. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, but apologize for the situation this caused. I confirmed that your ticket is being resolved with support, replying back to the support ticket will be the most efficient route. Again, I apologize for the negative experience, I am sharing your feedback so we can improve this process. 

~Chloe 

Badge +1

How is my ticket with support being resolved when I haven’t even submitted one yet? This is so wild. I have not submitted a ticket because I haven’t been able to figure out how to do it because my account doesn’t work.

If you mean what you say— have someone email me so this can really be resolved. Not just for the optics. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@Laurencc, we prefer to have you submit a ticket through the form because it forwards all of your account information proactively, however I have submitted one on your behalf to expedite the situation. Someone should be in contact soon from support. 

~Chloe

Badge

I would like to know why an email that I did not even write, as in spam, went to my subscriber list AFTER I cancelled Klaviyo. When I log into my dashboard, no such email shows in my workflow. I put a lot of effort into building trust and credibility with my customers, and the message as written embarrassing. It is completely ridiculous that I can’t even access a support person to be accountable for this without being a paid customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @liberatedrootscollection,

Thank you for writing to us. I apologize you had to experience this.

I have opened up a support ticket on your behalf and a member of our team will investigate this for you. They will be following-up shortly.

Thanks for being a community member.