Solved

A/B split testing after ios 15

• 5 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

As stated above, how can we now A/B Split test subject lines if open rate is now not as accurate of a metric?

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 December 2021, 15:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @reecegriffy15,

Thank you for sharing this question with our Community. I’m glad you brought this up because iOS 15 is a hot topic right now.

First keep in mind that, iOS 15-related privacy change will only affect actual Apple Mail users. It will not affect people who use Gmail, Outlook or another mail app on their iOS device. So many of the popular mailing apps will still produce open rates as per usual. Also, we discuss in one of our blog articles on iOS 15, if you conduct regular A/B tests and more than 45% of your email opens come from Apple Mail, you might want to consider switching to click rates as your winning metric.

Additionally, Klaviyo hosted a live Q&A on iOS 15, you can check out the video for that below:

In addition to this, we are working on strategies to distinguish regular opens from machine-driven opens in Klaviyo so we can better understand where opens are coming from in Apple Mail. I strongly recommend reading through the full blog article on the topic here.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a member of our Community.