Solved

Add to Cart Metric is very erratic

• 8 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I have installed the Add to Cart metric as per the instructions using id, but I don’t seem it’s working correctly. It works only sometimes, please refer to the screenshots below.

Add to Cart Button id “shopify_add_to_cart”

Add to Cart Code
Add to Cart Metric works only sometimes

icon

Best answer by David To 9 November 2021, 17:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @navoditravi,

Thanks for sharing your observations with the Klaviyo Community!

One thing to keep in mind is that the Add to Cart event would only trigger for contact who are cookied via Klaviyo prior to adding the product to their cart. Those site visitors who decide to add an item to the cart but are not cookied would not trigger the event. The most common methods visitors are cookied on your site are if they subscribed to your newsletter, making a purchase, abandoning their checkout process while providing an email address, or returning back to the site from an email sent to them. Taking any of these actions would cause the visitor to be cookied so that going forward when adding an item to the cart, they would trigger the Add to Cart event.

You can learn more about cookies and web tracking from Klaviyo’s Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking and About Cookies in Klaviyo Help Center articles. In addition to those articles, I would recommend taking a look at some other Community posts on this topic which I believe may be helpful! I’ve included some below for your convenience:

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David