Solved

Add to Cart metric not picking up button

• 11 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello!

I’m trying to set up the Add to Cart metric in Shopify so that we can trigger abandonment emails earlier than the standard Abandoned Checkout metric. I followed the instructions, but nothing has worked (including the backup code snippets). 

I think I’ve identified the problem - our “add to cart” buttons don’t follow the typical formats laid out in the article. Rather than using a standard ID or Class notation, the code looks like this. 

<button data-product-id="8396610928919" data-checkout="cart" data-soldout="Sold out" data-adding="Adding..." data-added="Thank you!" data-checkout-link="https://www.futurefans.com/pages/shopping" name="add" type="button" tabindex="0" spellcheck="false" data-pf-type="ProductATC2" class="sc-ddnlvQ fgflow pf-13_">Add to cart</button>

We have a few “add to cart” buttons throughout the site, and they all differ slightly on the “class” portion (even for the same product). Any tips on how to adjust or place the standard code differently? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 24 January 2024, 05:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ffrebekah!

This topic has actually been discussed before in the following Community posts:

If you are still having the issue after reviewing these posts, feel free to follow up.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi Brian!

Thanks for sharing those. I read through them (plus many more, it feels like) but haven’t been able to solve my problem. I’ve tried various snippets in various locations, and nothing seems to work end-to-end. I’m getting hung up on the fact that the 

Here’s some more context:

• We are using the Dawn theme, as well as PageFly
  • The page our active “Add to Cart” button lives on is not the default product page mentioned in the instructions. It’s a “Shop” page created from a PageFly template, from what I can tell (not created by me)

• This is what shows up when I inspect the button on the default product page (which is not public-facing). Looks a lot more similar to the examples in prior posts/instructions in terms of ID/class
  • However, this is what shows up on the button that we are actually presenting to people on our Shop tab
  • The button also lives on a few other pages, where it looks slightly different (example) 

Is the construction of the page the issue here? Attaching a screenshot of the basic layout, if that’s at all helpful.

I appreciate any help you can offer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ffrebekah!

My apologies for the delay here - I see you filed a ticket with support for this matter, which would have been my next recommended course of action given the extensive resources you’ve already covered.

Best,

Brian