Solved

Bounce email from lengow

• 13 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I was alerted by a super high bounce rate on a new flow I created and when I deep dived I find out that all the bounces were coming from lengow emails (xxxx-amazon_fr@lengow.com) for example. 

Coul you please help me understand how do I correct this ?

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Omar 15 April 2023, 01:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @BS69,

I’m not too familiar with Lengow, but seems like it’s an ecommerce feed management system.

Are you using Lengow? It’s most likely that those email addresses are being synced over through an integration either from Lengow to Klaviyo or from Lengow to your ecommerce platform to Klaviyo. 

Bounces occurs when an email is either not successfully delivered or is rejected by the recipient's email provider. 

Since you’ve already located the culprit, I would suggest digger deeper into your tech stack to prevent this from occurring going forward. Having a high number of bounces can negatively impact on your deliverability. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hey @BS69,

Adding to what @David To said can it be that Lengow is a marketplace? If so it might be a good thing to filter out those profiles from orders in the flows for the time being. Just adding a filter in the flow with does not contain @lengow.com and you should be free of those email addresses entering the flow(s).

A second good idea is to remove (suppress) those profiles all together to clean up the additional profiles created in Klaviyo, this is something that you could do with webhooks or automated with the webhooks as explained in this article.

I would also suggest to put an additional flow on the event(s) that are adding these email addresses (I suspect placed order?) and have it automatically remove them as the come in. In the article they are using segments and this sometimes takes time to update so can have delays.

If you do use an additional flow make sure that it only allows these @lengow emails and then add a webhook to suppress these profiles by sending data to your own Klaviyo account / API.

Use the suppress profile endpoint - https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/suppress_profiles

@matthewstuckings wrote a piece on how to do it (you can skip the segment creation part) here

This should do the magic!

Hope it helps!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO