Solved

Branded domain - how's it going for you?

• 25 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to take the temperature of the community; have you switched to your branded sending domain yet, and if so, how’s it going in terms of your campaign performance and deliverability vs. your previous klaviyo domain?

I just sent my first campaign with the new domain today and am nervous about the results.

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 25 January 2024, 21:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Excited to see what others will say about this @stevekarosik!

Here’s some other threads on the topic, if you’re curious:

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hey @stevekarosik - welcome to the community!

I totally understand why you’d feel nervous. A change to something so fundamental as your sending domain and sender reputation is intimidating at first glance. 

Keep us posted, but I have a feeling you’ll be pleasantly surprised by an improvement in your email engagement. If you feel cautious going forward, there’s no negative side effects from focusing your campaign sends in the next 2-4 weeks on your most active subscribers.

High engagement levels from those segments will help solidify a good sender reputation with your new branded domain. 

Overall, this will be a better experience for people on your list. If the email address showing up in their inbox matches your website, they’ll be less likely to think your emails are spam. 

This summer, I did a List Health Reset for a new client, and we discovered in the initial audit they did not have a dedicated sending domain setup, which is our standard recommendation. Just the simple action of verifying their sending domain in Klaviyo improved their deliverability enough to improve average open rate on campaigns by 50%.