Solved

Can I filter out a flow from the reporting metrics?

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

The Klaviyo Growth Review tool has been an amazing reporting resource to our arsenal. I am however finding big limitations with more advanced customers who are using app integrations more extensively, like for ReCharge, where Klaviyo is attributing revenue to email that actually has nothing to do with email at all.

For example, we have a client with a customized email telling customers their subscription is being renewed in a few days. There is only a link to edit their profile or subscripiton. Regardless of wether they open it or not, Klaviyo attributes 100% of the recharge revenue to these flows, when the only impact is customers cancelling or updating the billing before thre renewal period.

Essentially I am wondering/would love it if the Dashbpards and this reporting tool had the ability to discluse specific flows (maybe by tag? or category? Not sure) from the revenue attribution and the dashboard widgets so we can more accurately see the revenue growth over time.

icon

Best answer by David To 1 March 2023, 17:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Arq Design Studio,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

My colleague, @alex.hong actually offered a great response and workaround solution to this sort of behavior in a similar post:

One of the core reasons this sort of behavior occurs is because Klaviyo can’t distinguish between a normal one-time order versus a reoccuring subscription order. Both these types of orders (including ReCharge subscriptions) are synced to Klaviyo as a Shopify placed order event. 

Without any distinction between the two, Klaviyo’s standard attribution would still apply. I.E. the last message that was interacted with (open or clicked) prior to the order would receive the attributed for the conversion. 

Outside of what Alex suggested in the thread above of using a custom placed order event, I’ve also seen some members use a custom integration between Klaviyo and ReCharge instead of connecting ReCharge with Shopify. This way, reoccuring orders would sync directly with Klaviyo as a custom event and would not pollute the Shopify placed order event data. 

I hope this helps!

David