Solved

Can I generate a report to see how long a new subscribers takes to make a purchase?

• 16 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am looking at generating a report to see how long a customer takes to make a buying decision. I wanted to know if this was possible. 

in order words measuring the time from when a customer first visits our website to when they place an order. This would be typically measured in days. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 16 August 2023, 22:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Decision making time frame

Welcome to the Community! Love the user name by the way. 

This is a great question! At this time, we don't have any reporting on the average time or timeframe between a subscription event for a new sign up, as we can’t track anonymous website visitors , and someone's first purchase.

However, you can create a few segments to identify those who have placed or have not placed an order since subscribing. You can use different segments for different time windows (30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc), to see how these segments of customers evolve overtime. For example: 

?name=inline-1433629540.png

We do know that users want to measure segment reporting and this is a feature we are readily working on!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge

Hi Taylor,

Would it be possible to get a report to create an “Active on site user List”. Specifically when the user was first on the website. 

I see when I go to Best people, and click on a profile there is a timestamp/record of when a user was first on the site. That way we could compare that to our orders file and possibly manually manipulate and compare the data in excel.   

Regards 

Craig

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Decision making time frame,

Love where you’re heading with this! One problem with this idea is that the Active onsite event isn’t only triggered once when a customer first visited your site. It’s triggered and recorded for every time a visitor becomes cookied. 

That said, Klaviyo does record a First Active profile property for all profiles automatically. This profile property would indicate the date a profile was first recognized in Klaviyo. Although this typically means when a profile was first cookied on your site, the exception would be if the profile was synced over from your ecommerce source. 

In theory, you could export all your profiles that have ever made a purchase while comparing both the First Active date and the first purchase date - if you were able to retrieve this from somewhere to help calculate the order between timeframes. 

Another thing to consider is that as part of Klaviyo’s predictive analytics, we do offer an Average Time Between Orders data point that you can leverage. To learn more about this, I would suggest taking a look through our Understanding Klaviyo's predictive analytics Help Center article.

David

Badge

When you say “In theory, you could export all your profiles that have ever made a purchase while comparing both the First Active date and the first purchase date”, is it not possible to do that in Klavyio. Essentially, this what I am looking for. If we could get this a CSV file we could manually compare.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Decision making time frame,

You can do this within Klaviyo, you’ll just need to make use of the query metric aggregates API endpoint. Though, this wouldn’t return the results in a .CSV. 

Typically, if you wanted to return this information in a .CSV format, you can do so through your ecommerce backend. 

David