Solved

Can you batch send flow emails?

• 24 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have a client that wants to import a list of 7500 emails into Klaviyo that he has collected over the years. He thinks that by now some of the leads could be stale.

He wanted me to build him a welcome flow repurposing all the blog articles on his website and import the list of contacts to put them through the flow. Hoping that they will contact him for his service.

He has not sent emails at this scale from the domain and has never sent an email from Klaviyo.

What are my best steps to stop all of these emails going to spam?

Is a flow even the right option here?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 25 October 2022, 18:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @GVaughan 

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

You hit the nail on the head by considering this situation would cause deliverability issues. Technically, leads that are even a year old would be categorized as ‘unengaged’ so I wouldn’t suggest having the first messages from your brand be sent to old leads as this would negatively impact your deliverability and not build a strong sender reputation with inbox providers. I would check out our deliverability best practices documentation to avoid hitting the spam with these practices. I also found a helpful thread on this exact topic to steer you in the right direction of how to engage these lapsed users. 

Any sender new to Klaviyo must warm up their sending infrastructure when moving to a new email service provider. So I would recommend following your normal warming protocols as you are a new sender and having your welcome flow send to new users just signing up to your client’s brand. However, once you’ve seen the brand have a steady deliverability performance, I would then consider sending batches of these old leads through a kind of ‘winback flow’ or re-engagement campaign to see who takes an action!

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor