Solved

Checkout event was recorded only one time.

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi everyone. 

I've encountered an issue with the abandoned cart checkout started trigger. Initially, the event appeared only once on the profile, and then it seemed to update to "view product" only. Despite multiple attempts at starting the checkout process on the website, this action hasn't reflected in the Klaviyo profile. I'm puzzled and unsure if there's something I might be overlooking. Any insights or guidance would be realy

helpful!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 14 December 2023, 14:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Nermine 

From what you’ve shared, the timeline looks ok to me. The contact:

• Subscribes to your Newsletter
  • Views a product, starts checkout, views the same or another product, then exits.
  • Returns later (active on site), then views products

​I believe that only one checkout-started event will trigger while there are unpurchased products in the cart. If a contact purchases, a new event will trigger if they start checkout again

However, I have an outstanding support ticket with Klaviyo to clarify this plus I also see multiple checkout-started events within a session. Some make sense: a customer starts checkout and purchases, then repeats for multiple orders. However, some don't make sense to me. 

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge +6

Hi Andy

Appreciate your response. The thing is that when I removed the initially added products from the cart and started a new session with different products, it didn't register as another checkout event. Only the "viewed product" event was reflected.

@bluesnapper  I would appreciate it if you could update me with the feedback from the support team.

Thank you