Solved

Conditional statement for hour of add to cart event tracking

Badge +1

Hi,

Is there a way to check, in the flow, the hour (date) of the add to cart event? I would like to make some conditional split based on that.

Kind regards,

Piotr

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 27 July 2022, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Piotr,

Thanks for sharing in the Community.

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve by looking for the specific hour an add to cart event was triggered? It could be better to add a time delay after the initial trigger of the flow.

Just to also confirm, are you seeing this data (specific time) being pulled in by whatever integration you have set up your add to cart metric with?

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +1

Of course. 

I want to check if customer has added to cart after for example 8p.m. If so, I want to send him first email in the flow on the next day in the morning. Otherwise I want to send the email this evening.

I am using Woocommerce integration and unfortunately I don’t see anything related to date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Piotr,

If you want, it could be easier to schedule your emails to always go out at a specific time instead for these emails.

To schedule a Flow email to send in a recipients local timezone, you'll want to select the Time Delay>Delay until a specific time of day>enter the time and choose Recipient's Local Timezone:

?name=Screen+Shot+2022-07-25+at+11.23.36+AM.png

Unfortunately, any changes you make are only going to apply to profiles who meet that step moving forward. If your customers are already in the Time Delay waiting for the next email, they will respect whatever the settings were when they reached that step in the Flow.

There isn't a way to change this, however, you can change the emails to manual so those profiles move into the "Needs Review" step, and either manually send the emails or opt to schedule to send them a Campaign instead. After all the desired profiles have moved into the "Needs Review" step when set to manual, you can set it back to Live so all other profiles after them will continue to move through the Flow as expected. Changing the Flow back to live will not automatically send to those in the "Needs Review" step; you'll still have to manually send these are the desired time or send them a Campaign instead.

Another thing to note is smart sending. 
Smart Send Time is to not be confused with Smart Sending as they are 2 different things.

Smart Send Time uses your business' data to find the optimal time for you to email your customers, maximizing open and click rates as well as helping you to better understand your customers.

Whereas Smart Sending allows you to limit the number of emails or text messages someone can receive from you in a given period of time.

I would definitely read our Help Articles below to get a better understanding of each function.
Smart Send Time in Klaviyo
Guide to Smart Sending in Klaviyo 

Unless the data was coming in from WooCommerce for specific date as a custom property, we couldn’t use that as a filter.

Hope this helped,

Alex

Badge +1

Thank you for your answer.