Solved

Conversion definition

• 2 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all!

One quick question: how do I “explain” to Klaviyo what is a conversion for me?

I found in this article https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005248128#h_01HHJM577BE91FBQD42R6Z0K92 that:

Klaviyo defines conversion events that involve orders (e.g. Placed OrderFulfilled OrderOrdered Product, etc.).

I sell insurance policies, so there is no real “order” in my events. Should I simply rename my “Purchased” event to “Order completed” and Klaviyo takes care of it automatically?

In alternative, is there a way to instruct Klaviyo what event constitutes a conversion?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 6 February 2024, 12:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @federico.vitale! Let me Reverse Uno on you and ask you this: what is your intent once you have defined this metric? How do you plan to use this metric in Klaviyo? 

Also, follow up question, do you currently have a CRM like Salesforce or something similar where you track your pipeline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @federico.vitale 

The transaction events you refer to are generated by the ecomm platform, for example Shopify etc. These events are pushed to Klaviyo as part of the platform integration.

Do you want to track a 'conversion' as a customer completes an insurance application or similar? If so, you may be able to create a custom conversion event for your use case with JavaScript. More info on Klaviyo custom event tracking here: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/v1-2/docs/custom-event-tracking

Hope that helps.

Andy

Badge +1

Hi @kaila.lawrence and @bluesnapper! Thank you for your replies!

At the moment I don’t have a dedicated CRM, I’m at the very beginning and I prioritised having a solid marketing automation solution combined with the sales platform.

I’ve set up events using JS, among which there is one called “Purchased” (which passes also the value and the product purchased) and I successfully see that when the event happens.

I was wondering if there was a way to let Klaviyo’s analytics know that that event (and solely that) is an actual conversion.

Thanks!