Solved

Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) for WooCommerce, why can't I create a segment that works?

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I've tried creating a segment based on Historic Customer Lifetime Value, but it doesn't work. It should work, because I've check a few customer profiles that have orders more than 800 in value.

Is there a problem with Klaviyo not being able to get Customer Lifetime Value?

Notes:

1. The platform I'm connecting to is Woocommerce.
  2. Placed Orders in the Pass 5 months is more than 500
  3. There's no customer lifetime value section in profiles
  4. Started my Klaviyo account 2 days ago, is that the reason?

Appreciate any guidance on this.
Thank You

icon

Best answer by Dov 7 September 2021, 21:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Storiiu,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Klaviyo Community.

The placed order criteria to create this segment has to do with the number of customers that placed orders, rather than the total number of placed orders. Additionally, there are a few other criteria you must fulfill in order to segment on CLV. You’ll find the full criteria list below:

• At least 500 customers have placed an order. This does not refer to Active Profiles, but rather the number of people who have actually made a purchase with your business. If this section is on a profile but is blank, this means we don't have enough data on that individual to make a prediction.
  • You have an ecommerce integration (e.g. Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento) or use our API to send placed orders.
  • You have at least 180 days of order history and have orders within the last 30 days.
  • You have at least some customers who have placed 3 or more orders.

For more information, I recommend reviewing our article on segmenting by CLV.

Thanks for being a member of our community!

Badge +2

@Dov

Hi Dov,

We've met all the criteria, however CLV still doesn't work. I also created First Time Small Spender with the definition of Placed Order Equals 1 in the last 7 days & Historic Customer Lifetime Value is less than 200

1. For my list, there's more than 500 customers who've placed order.
  2. We are integrate to Woocommerce through RestAPI
  3. We have more than 180 days of order history and have orders within 30 days
  4. We also have repeat buyers too.

Additionally, Average Order Value doesn't work either. Even though I have profiles with order value as shown under the images.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Storiiu,

Thank you for sharing this update.

I recommend reaching out to support to have a closer look at your metrics. They will be able to assist you further 🙂. When you do reach out, please do include the above screenshots, your public API key and some customer email addresses as examples.