Solved

Different data display

• 29 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 
I see different value of data from Home > Performance page and from custom Dashboard. On the Performance page the revenue is $1924 but on my custom dashboard it shows $983,46. I choose the same date range (from Feb 1, 2023 to Feb 28, 2023). Why is it like that? Thanks

icon

Best answer by OBDTeam 30 March 2023, 03:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @OBDTeam,

Welcome back to the Klaviyo Community!

A common mistake I see often when comparing reports is not having the same metric selected - I would suggest checking there first. If the metrics used are the same, then this may be caused by how the attribution is calculated. 

Typically, I would suggest using our custom reports as the performance report uses send cohorts to calculate its data. I explained a bit about this in a similar post which I’ve included below:

Since custom reports do not use our send cohorts calculation while our performance report does, you may notice some mismatch in the data all due to how it’s been sliced. Our Product team is working towards aligning this in the near future to offer a cohesive view at all your data. 

David

Badge +3

Hello @OBDTeam,

Welcome back to the Klaviyo Community!

A common mistake I see often when comparing reports is not having the same metric selected - I would suggest checking there first. If the metrics used are the same, then this may be caused by how the attribution is calculated. 

Typically, I would suggest using our custom reports as the performance report uses send cohorts to calculate its data. I explained a bit about this in a similar post which I’ve included below:

Since custom reports do not use our send cohorts calculation while our performance report does, you may notice some mismatch in the data all due to how it’s been sliced. Our Product team is working towards aligning this in the near future to offer a cohesive view at all your data. 

David

Hi @David To,

Thanks for the response. Is it better to see the report on “Custom Report” or on “Custom Dashboard”? Because the data also showing different value there

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @OBDTeam,

That’s an interesting behavior. Typically, both the custom dashboard and custom reports should match fairly closely if not exactly. 

The most likely case of numbers not matching in both those reports are oftentimes due to how the reports are built and setup. 

David