Solved

Displaying custom metrics in collapsable format

• 25 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

In addition to my eshop, I have a physical store.
With an API request I would like to add the products purchased by the customer in the store directly into his Klaviyo properties.

The ideal would be to display it in the same way as for the customers of my woocommerce (with a collapse) 👇

I've read the developer's doc but there is nothing specific about it ...

Do you have any idea how to do this?
Thank you,

icon

Best answer by David To 25 February 2022, 19:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Djimmy,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

Since it sounds like you are pushing custom events via API to record these customer purchases from your physical store to Klaviyo, it would not be possible to mimic how the event displays similar to that of a supported ecommerce’s (Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc.) Placed Order event. 

Unlike events passed from a supported ecommerce platform, the data passed by custom events made via API aren’t recorded in any standard manner due to the custom nature of them. For this reason, only integrations supported by Klaviyo will have this unique UI handling as @retention cleverly deduced in the following Community post:

In the instance your physical store’s POS system shares the same ecommerce backend though, those in-store POS sales should also be recorded as Placed Order events under your ecommerce platform - in this case WooCommerce - and synced to Klaviyo with this unique collapsable UI if an email was recorded with the sale. An example of this behavior would be a store using a Shopify backend whose physical stores are using a Shopify POS system

David

Badge +2

Ok thanks for all this information,

indeed, it is not possible to have the same UI after pushing the info in the metrics.

Do you know if it is possible in a post-purchase email to push the items purchased by the customer via the ITEM ID that I would have pushed via the API and that would be the same as the one in my eshop?

I just discovered Klaviyo and I would find it fantastic to be able to target my emails based on online AND offline purchases !

Badge +2

Or do you know how I can simulate an order on my woocommerce in klaviyo metrics?

I'm thinking of mirroring my eshop but it would be very cumbersome and would require double work each time ....

If you have any idea how I can record the in-store purchases of my customers I'm interested !

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Djimmy,

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to create a post purchase email/flow using your custom API event similar to the ones created for WooCommerce events. Overall, it would all depend on the event data you are passing and how you are referencing those event data in your emails. If you haven’t already, it may be a good idea to take a look at our Developer Portal, especially the Integrate a Platform Without a Pre-built Klaviyo Integration document which offers an example structure on a number of popular events including Placed Order, Ordered Product, Fulfilled Order, etc. 

The easiest way to record your in-store purchasers within Klaviyo would be if your POS system was sharing the same backend as your ecommerce store - in this case WooCommerce. If so, then those sales made in your physical stores would be recorded as Placed Order event within shared WooCommerce backend. This would allow both your online and in-store sales to be recorded as WooCommerce Placed Order events that would be synced to Klaviyo as mentioned in my previous comment. The benefit of this would be that both of those sale types would be synced to Klaviyo as denoted by the same WooCommerce indicator meaning that they would be synced in the standard manner not only offering you this collapsable format you originally wanted, but the data structure would be uniformed. 

David

Badge +2

Hello,

Finally I managed to push my in-store customer purchases to Klaviyo (I needed a new cash register with open API) 😁.
For now it's a new metrics added for each product purchased in store.

I take this opportunity to clarify my request

As you can see on the capture above, the information is well brought up with the name, image and a link to my site.

I would like to put this information in a summary email (like for abandoned carts), but I can't.
I try to retrieve the information as specified here but nothing appears.

I understood that it could be specific to the CMS but isn't there a way to push this information?

Thank you in advance for your help (if you can) 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Djimmy,

Glad to hear you were able to push your custom event to Klaviyo!

If you’re trying to personalize your emails with those event variables, you’ll want to make sure you’re using the correct variables and setting up your dynamic table block correctly. In addition to the About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows Help Center article you’re using, I also recommend using the following resources to further understand how to build your dynamic table block:

A common mistake I’ve seen users make when building their dynamic tables blocks is setting it to dynamic despite their event only passing one set of data. If an event is only passing one set of data such as Viewed Product or Add to Cart event, the Static option should be used instead as there would be no additional data to loop through. 

If you’re still having troubles, I would suggest reaching out and speaking with an email designer you’re familiar with or finding an accredited Klaviyo Partner to help build this out!

David