Solved

DKIM Shared Domain

• 19 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Will adding DKIM to Google Workspace affect the deliverability of Klaviyo emails sent form the shared domain?

If so, is it worth changing to a dedicated sending domain in Klaviyo to ensure deliverability for both types of emails? 

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 20 October 2023, 00:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Great question Ludvig!

To your first question, it depends on 2 factors - 1) Reputation health of your shared domain 2) Kind of content you’re sending from that domain.

What are you sending from that shared domain currently? 

However, multiple DKIM signatures on a sending domain is allowed as per DMARC standards, provided domains in the header are aligned.

I’d suggest having a separate sending domain exclusively for Klaviyo would be a better choice and it makes the setup cleaner and easy to manage.

Let me know if that helps or you’ve any further questions.

Regards

Mohsin

Badge

Great question Ludvig!

To your first question, it depends on 2 factors - 1) Reputation health of your shared domain 2) Kind of content you’re sending from that domain.

What are you sending from that shared domain currently? 

However, multiple DKIM signatures on a sending domain is allowed as per DMARC standards, provided domains in the header are aligned.

I’d suggest having a separate sending domain exclusively for Klaviyo would be a better choice and it makes the setup cleaner and easy to manage.

Let me know if that helps or you’ve any further questions.

Regards

Mohsin

Thank you Mohsin!

We send marketing emails to our subscriber list through the shared domain on Klaviyo. And our regular business communication through Google workspace/g-suit. 

So I want to increase the deliverability of our regular emails by adding DKIM, but I’m worried that will affect the Klaviyo emails negatively because the sender domain doesn’t match the From domain. 

Do I understand you correctly that this is a legitimate concern, and the best options are:

1. Use the shared Klaviyo domain but with a different From domain than our regular emails.
  2. Set up our domain as a dedicated domain in Klaviyo so the sender and from domains match. 

Best regards,

Ludvig