Skip to main content
Solved

Fake Bot Profiles

Hi All,

I’d be grateful for any advice or recommendations please:

I’ve recently been bombarded by a bot, creating Email & SMS profiles. As a result I have the following in place currently:

1. Double opt-in on both my pop-up and SMS forms
  2. Created 2x Segments to automatically add these fake profiles to in order to easily Unsubscribe and Delete
  3. Manually Suppress these fake profiles

However, I’m still getting loads added on a daily basis, and the SMS ones are using my SMS credits.

I understand from Support that it’s not possible to ‘Automatically Suppress’ these fake profiles that are segmented. But I need to stop them using my SMS credits.

Any ideas how I can resolve this please?

Thanks in advance,

James

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hi @JMD71! Unfortunately bot attacks are an all-too-common and frustrating problem in the industry. You’re taking all the right steps from Klaviyo’s side to protect your list.  Your next steps are to beef up the security of your website by adding an SSL certificate and anti-spam blockers. SpamAssassin is community favorite 3rd party to help with this.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@kaila.lawrence Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

I just find it very cumbersome as there are far too many clicks and processes we have to do, like create these segments, suppress, create CSV files, download then upload to Unsubscribe, then delete. This process could/should be so much easier/quicker to be more convenient for the user.

Thanks again for your help/advice though!