Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Feature request: clone custom reports between accounts

I just think this would be super handy.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +35

Hi @wernstrom ,

I also find myself creating the same type of custom reports for each Klaviyo account I work in! My current solution is to take a screenshot of the report from one account, and have it open on my second screen while I re-build it in another 😅

While I am sure there are perfectly legitimate reasons why we can’t copy/paste a report structures from one account to the next (i.e. privacy, etc.) perhaps someone from the Klaviyo team can help provide some more context, or bring this up to the product development team? Maybe it would be possible to export/import “custom report templates” ?

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @wernstrom and @Ashley I.,

Great suggestions! 

From my understanding, in addition to privacy concerns, one of the main reason cloning between accounts isn’t support is due to the varied amount of data in each account. For example, the metrics and properties you wanted to evaluate from one account may not translate over to a second account. This could be because the two accounts may not be on the same ecommerce platform, or even if they were, their data structure/metadata for the metrics could vary. 

For more of the common events/metrics such as the Klaviyo ones, there is a custom report library that is reflected in all accounts. Though, I certainly do see the benefit of creating your own “custom report templates” or even something like a “saved filter”. 

I’ll certainly still share these feedback and suggestions with our product team for further investigation!

As always, thanks for sharing your thoughts and being a part of our Community,

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Makes sense, thanks @David To !