Growth Training: Deliverability and Email Strategy Session 1

• 23 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Earlier today the Growth Success Team hosted a live training on Email Strategy and Deliverability to address some frequently asked questions and help create a better understanding of the email marketing landscape and what to consider when developing a marketing strategy. Access the recording here.

Feel free to add any additional questions/feedback below or feel free to reach out to Growth@klaviyo.com

Clarifications and further answers regarding iOS 15 from QnA:

Are Open Rates important anymore?

• Open rates will likely always be inflated so I recommend making sure they stay consistent around the same percentage and to look at Advanced Reporting in a Campaign to make sure all inbox providers are seeing those rates.  Apple Privacy Protection does not trigger if the email lands in spam so it is very obvious when an inbox provider is landing in spam.  I also recommend tracking Click Rate (not CTR) to make sure it is over 1% as Click Rate is not inflated by APP but can be impacted by segmentation that does not include the APP filter.

Apple Privacy Protection impact on Open Rates and Click Rates

• Heavily inflates Open Rate and at times heavily decreases Click Rate due to not properly segmenting.

• Recommendation to improve Click Rate and target profiles that have actually shown engagement:

• Engaged Segment - APP = False

• Is in X List

• AND Opened email at least once in the last X days where Apple Privacy Protection = False

• OR Clicked email at least once in the last X days

• OR is in X List in the last 30 days

• AND is not suppressed

• Traditional Engaged Segment

• Is in X List

• AND Opened email at least once in the last X days

• OR Clicked email at least once in the last X days

• OR is in X List in the last 30 days

• AND is not suppressed

• Based on trial and error, I have found it most beneficial to alternate campaigns between the APP = False segment and the traditional segment to improve click rate.  Open Rate will still be inflated but the APP = False segment will only include profiles that we can guarantee a real event triggered in the time frame so the click rate should be higher.

• The traditional engaged segment will include all profiles that triggered an open event (whether real or fake) in the time frame, where as the filtered version will exclude all profiles that only ever triggered a APP = True Open event in the timeframe (which could still include real opens which is why I recommend to alternate campaign audiences).

Dedicated Sending Domain

• If a customer has been sending through Klaviyo for more than 30 days there is no need to re-warm the sender reputation when switching to a Dedicated Sending Domain

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi all! Here is the presentation deck too.