Solved

High soft bounce rate in our flows

• 24 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello, 
I noticed that since the beginning of the year we have a very high soft bounce rate in the first emails of the following flows:

• Welcome flow
  • Browse abandonment flow
  • Cart Abandonment Flow

I have already figured out that these are soft bouncers. We have included this trigger. But then people don't get any email at all during the welcome flow. 

What can I do to reduce the soft bounce rate? 
Thanks for the help. 

Best regards
Dominika

icon

Best answer by David To 24 April 2023, 18:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @MARLICARA,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Glad to hear you were able to identify these as soft bounces. If you haven’t already had a chance to, I would suggest taking a look at our Understanding bounced emails in Klaviyo and How to decrease bounce rates Help Center articles. 

Although oftentimes, soft bounces are outside of your control, I would recommend also checking the following:

• Ensuring that the sending address you are using is a professional one that includes your domain name as opposed to one using a free inbox domain such as @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc. Learn more about this from the How to Change the Sender Email Address article
  • Double checking that emails are not failing the DMARC policy by making sure there is not a DMARC policy in place, that the DMARC Policy is set to p=none, and/or you are utilizing a dedicated sending domain.

I think it would also be helpful to take a look through some past Community posts that discuss this topic as well, such as the ones I’ve included below:

I hope this helps!

David