Question

Hotmail Deliverability Issue

• 3 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello! I noticed that all of our hotmail addresses are reporting as received and opened within the same minute on our recent campaigns. As one of these addresses is a founder of the company I work for, I know the email addresses are real and yet at least in the case of this address the emails are not actually being received. Has anyone experienced this issue or does anyone know of an explanation? Thanks in advance for the help!

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @elaine1517 

Welcome to the community,

Yes you are not the only one. Klaviyo is already aware of this issue. This is happening for outlook, hotmail and msn inbox providers. These are owned by Microsoft and they have recently introduced several security improvements to Outlook, aiming to bolster email safety and provide users with greater protection against phishing and other malicious activities. One of those changes, Malicious Link Warnings, is having an impact on bulk senders’ tracking of click and open activity.

As a side effect of this new feature, bulk senders across the internet have been seeing incredibly high bot clicks on emails sent from Hotmail accounts. It appears that Hotmail is link testing, opening every link in a bulk sender’s email before relaying the email to the inbox. This allows Microsoft to identify any malicious links, but in the meantime, skews reporting for brands.

Klaviyo is trying to fix this, and you can read more about this here

I hope this helps,

Thanks
Arpit