Skip to main content
Solved

Hotmail / Microsoft issues

• 19 July 2024
  • 1 reply

So we experienced the elevated open & click rates from Hotmail / Microsoft email providers and had been fairly satisfied with the explanation that this was a “link testing” security feature. Unfortunately starting July 2nd our open rates from Hotmail plummeted:

Before these anomalies started our open rates for Hotmail hovered in the 30-40% range. Then they shot up to almost 100%, and now they’ve crashed to frequently below 20%. We haven’t changed anything about our targeting, email formatting, or anything else that would explain this —it seems entirely external.

Has anyone experienced anything similar (the drop in open rates I mean — I know plenty of people have seen the elevated click & open rates)

I emailed Klaviyo deliverability support but they just sent me the same canned replies about the elevated open rates.

Thanks!

Ben

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @hubbird Klaviyo operates on a shared IP and if someone else is spamming on Hotmail/Outlook domains then your deliverability is also impacted by this.

I would suggest you to try and deliver an email on your own Microsoft/Outlook account to see where it is landing. My assumption is it will land in Spam folder and that could be the reason of low open/clicks.