Solved

How are recipients/metrics calculated in flow reports that have more than one email?

• 23 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a welcome series with two emails. In the flow performance report when I am looking at recipients and metrics, I want to know if it is unique to individuals or are the metrics unique to each email? I’m wondering if the recipients/data is counted twice? In other words, if a user that enters the welcome series receives and opens both emails within the flow, is that user counted twice in the recipients list and unique opens metric, one for each email received and opened or just once?

The questions comes because we paired down our welcome series from six emails to two and we are outperforming almost all metrics, however the recipients count is much smaller. Makes me think if the decrease in recipients is a result of reducing the welcome series to two emails or are there less users entering the welcome series flow.

icon

Best answer by David To 26 June 2023, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @dbracamontes,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

If you haven’t had a chance to, I believe reading through our Understanding Klaviyo message attribution Help Center article may help shed some light on this. 

Simply put, metrics are unique to each email message. This means that if a profile goes through your welcome series flow with 2 emails, the total recipient count would be 2 - one for each of the emails in your flow. 

When it comes to metric calculations, this would depend on if you’re using total or unique. Total opens would be the total number of times any profile has opened the email including repeat opens. For example, if that same single profile has opened each email in the flow twice, then that would be counted as 4 total opens. 

Unique opens on the other hand, would be how many unique profile has opened the email. From the same example, this would be counted as only 2 opens - one for each flow message. 

I hope this helps!

David