Solved

How does Klaviyo track "placed order"?

• 29 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’m selling products via Klaviyo campaigns but also via social media.
If a person gets a sales e-mail from me, but buys the product later by clicking a social media advert (or just via my website), does Klaviyo then mark it as “placed order” in the campaign details?
Or does Klaviyo show only those as “placed orders” that have been done directly by clicking the e-mail?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Omar 31 July 2023, 23:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @nofearyeslove,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Assuming you’ve integrated Klaviyo with a standard ecommerce store (Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc), all order history is actually synced to Klaviyo. 

If I’m understanding your question more clearly, I think what you’re really getting at is how are orders attributed to Klaviyo when orders are made through different channels. By default, Klaviyo has a 5-days, last interaction model which you can learn more about in our Understanding Klaviyo message attribution Help Center article. 

This means, that from your example, this customer that received and interacted with your email before placing an order through a social media ad would still have the sale attributed to Klaviyo. So long as the order was made within 5-days - the attribution window. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

~Hi @nofearyeslove adding to what @David To mentioned, Klaviyo is only looking at has someone received an email and has this same email address placed an order within the timeframe you've set in the attribution settings. If you want to know which channels attributed to what and how I suggest to do this in another tool and not in Klaviyo. Also FB or all other marketing platforms will tend to only look at their own channels rather than through the combination of channels used.

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

Thank you both, this was exactly what I wanted to understand and answered my question :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

You're welcome! Glad it helped.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO