Solved

How is Khy able to not include their address in the bottom of their marketing emails?

• 10 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi I got a question. I’ve been following the Khy brand ever since they launched, and I noticed that all their emails have a footer like shown in the screenshot. There are no business physical address…

It states in the Can-Spam Act that the business address is required: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business#:~:text=Tell%20recipients%20where%20you%E2%80%99re%20located.

Curious how are they able to get away with it, let alone for such a big brand that has so many eyes on them? I ask it here because Khy is using Klaviyo for email marketing. 

What are the repercussions of this and do they get any deliverability hit?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 December 2023, 22:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Ken9p!

I can’t speak on the legality or performance of this brand’s emails, but we do strongly encourage adhering to the rules you referenced and including a business address, in order to avoid any violations or deliverability issues.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply @Brian Turcotte . Yes  I agree we should all follow the CAN-SPAM Act requirements for marketing emails. I see the FTC states that violating the CAN-SPAM Act is subjected up to a $50k penalty for each separate email

Does Klaviyo police situations like this if their customers are disregarding the CAN-SPAM Act requirements? What are the potential repercussions of this that Klaviyo will enforce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Ken9p,

Klaviyo cannot advise on the legality of marketing practices and is therefore not responsible for policing violations, so we can only strongly encourage everyone to follow the requirements.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Okay thanks @Brian Turcotte