Solved

how long for sending domain to verify

• 2 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

We just finished up a sending domain this AM. How long should we expect it to be sitting in ‘pending’?

If it continues to remain that way what is the best way to go about checking to make sure all the appropriate DNS has been input?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by kaila.lawrence 14 February 2024, 18:44

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @laminxben! What’s the status of this now? Domain authentication can take up to 48 hours so you should be all set by now, but let me know if you’re still having an issue.

Badge +1

Hi - i have the same query ‘pending’ has been the status for 5 days

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi - i have the same query ‘pending’ has been the status for 5 days

It shouldn’t take more than 72 hours

Could you please share your DNS configurations?

Badge +1

Hi Maxxbuzz - they are as below 

Setup within Shopify where the domain is owned/managed 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Maxxbuzz - they are as below 

Setup within Shopify where the domain is owned/managed 

Sorry, I meant the DNS changes you have made in Shopify

Badge +1

I am still struggling to resolve this issue - i have tried Shopify help and Klaviyo help and nobody can seem to provide an answer as to why this wont verify

Badge +1

I updated the sending domain to mail. in Klaviyo and in Shopify - still no luck. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @TopGate, “mail” is a subdomain usually used for your regular email communication purposes so you should not use that for your email marketing. Definitely switch it back to “send.”

Since Shopify is your DNS provider, this is an issue you’ll need to work out with them. However, there are a couple things we can still double check:

1. With CNAME records, you must use the Static routing option in Klaviyo. Shopify doesn’t accept NS records which uses the Dynamic routing option. Please confirm you have selected Static routing within Klaviyo.

1. Please show us all your record inputs on the Shopify side (block out your API key!!!) so we can match them character by character.
Badge +1

Thanks for your reply Kaila. 

I have adjusted this back to ‘send’ and applied all of the settings again - and it worked!

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

@TopGate Amazing! Super glad to hear that. I know you have a couple threads open on this topic so I’m going to close the loops there with this thread. 

Have a wonderful rest of your week!