Solved

How to get and put tracking numbers on various suppliers.

• 12 October 2021
  • 11 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I have a question for the tracking number, How do I get the tracking number on various items? Because we are Dropshipping, We have many suppliers there, For example, If a customer orders 4 products from our store, and also a customer chooses 4 different products in my store, surely it's from a different supplier right? how to get 4 tracking numbers in different suppliers.

Summary of my question:
1. How to get tracking numbers from different suppliers?
2. How to have 4 different tracking numbers put in the email during shipping?
3. How to sync tracking number in Klaviyo?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 13 October 2021, 07:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Reynaldy,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I hope to provide some info regarding how to add tracking numbers to your business!

For shipping information such as a tracking number, as well as tracking status, you can integrate with one of the following:

Also, Shopify will pass over tracking information to Klaviyo. This is typically information nested within the "Fulfilled Order" metric from Shopify.

The best thing for you to do would be to take a look at our pre-built Order and Shipping Confirmation emails (examples below). 

?name=inline-687350901.png
?name=Screen+Shot+2021-10-01+at+10.12.31+AM.png
?name=inline-2124968505.png​​

If you take a look at the email template within the flows, you'll be able to see and use different tracking information. Additionally, within the email template, the event data can be seen if you preview the email. For more info, I would recommend you read this article about personalizing Flows!

Hope this helped!
Alex

Badge +2

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your tips! If I want to send multiple tracking numbers to the customer's email when I ship an order, will the code be like this {{ event.extra.shipments.0.tracking_number }}?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Reynaldy!

No problem! To add multiple tracking numbers to an email, you would just use that line of code and switch the number from 0 → 1,2,3...etc for however many new lines of tracking you would want to add to the email! But this is also dependent on if there are multiple links being pulled from the same item; each item would have a different tracking_url to pull. Here is an article with more information on how you can grab dynamic tags: How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email.

Have a good day!

Alex

Badge +2

Thanks for your feedback @alex.hong 

But what if the tracking number is filled in automatically? For example, some of my customers have purchased 3 products, 5 products or 7 products? So I want my customer's email to be filled with an automatic tracking number, regardless of the product it will be automatically, And I no longer enter the tracking number manually 0.1,2,3...etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Reynaldy,

So once again our documentation on How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow EmailAbout Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows, and Repeating a Block Based on Dynamic Data explain further in-depth on how dynamic syntax works and how to set it up within emails.

I also haven’t seen a case where someone's fulfilled order or order service has passed multiple tracking numbers before; but this would all be dependent on how their store and how their event is passing the data to Klaviyo. Is there a reason or method to why 5 individual products for instance would each have separate tracking numbers from the one original order? In the event that your tracking number is coming through X separate times, you should be able to use the single variable syntax and loop over it however many times it needs to be.

In the event that isn't possible, that would be when you'll need to manually enter the code as {{ Tracking.1 }}  {{ Tracking.2 }} .... but typically not needed. But I would make sure to double check to make sure multiple tracking numbers are being shared, because as previously mentioned, typically that wouldn't be the case.

Have a good day!
Alex

Badge +1

I have a question about this too. You have a tracking integration for ShipStation, but what about ShippingEasy (ShipStation sister company)?

They have branded tracking emails, but we want everything to go through Klaviyo. 

We are on BigCommerce.

-Ulrich

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @srselfdefense,

Great question.

I talked to our team and they did say that the most seamless way to do this would be to use AfterShip or ShipStation. 

I know that may not be possible though, so the workaround would be for you to leverage a third-party like Zapier or our API to send the event into your account. The following resource guide walks through creating custom events in your account.
Once you send these events to your account, you could trigger flows and segments based off the data.

Maybe it would be a good idea to reach out to ShippingEasy/BigCommerce dev teams to see how the data between all the platforms can integrate and where you can send data to for your integration purposes.

Thanks for being a member of the Community!
Alex

Badge +2

Question regarding sending multiple tracking numbers in a shipping email.

Right now, a tracking email is sent out for each “package” we send out that is linked to an item or items in an order. This is due to us dropshipping from multiple suppliers.

Is it possible to somehow tell Klaviyo to wait to send out a tracking email until a certain time to see if any other part of the order has shipped? We are on BigCommerce and our current flow is manual entry into Shipstation > BigCommerce > Aftership > Klaviyo. Soon it will be automatic entry from our suppliers (via Flxpoint) > BigCommerce > Aftership > Klaviyo. This means that tracking info will be updated as soon as our suppliers update it and send it via API mean and order with 8 items that has different tracking numbers for each package (we sell large items that a lot of the time can’t fit in 1 box) will then cause Klaviyo to send out 8 different tracking emails. I’m trying to avoid this.

Hope this was explained well enough. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @ajensen,

Short answer, that is not something we can do by default in Klaviyo.

That would have to require some custom API work to set a property that sort of “pauses” the flow from sending an email until all emails for products are ready to be delivered. If you can work with a developer to consolidate the send times for the separate emails then that would be the workaround.

Badge +2

@alex.hong Ok, thanks for the response. I’ll look around for a developer that can do this for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

No problem @ajensen ! Feel free to look at our Klaviyo Service Partner list to see if you can find a developer too.