Solved

How to view revenue by list?

• 13 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

We sent a number of email campaigns per week, to a number of lists. Our lists are grouped by how or where the user opted in.

I want to see which list is generating the more revenue.

Is there any way to group revenue based on the list the user is in?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 13 January 2022, 16:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rootco

Welcome to the Community! We are glad to have you here. It’s a great idea to look up how much revenue each list is generating!

In order to do this, you will need to navigate to your  to Analytics tab > Metrics > Placed Order > Best People and then click "Export as CSV", then you will see a modal window where you can select different lists from the dropdown menu. 

Additionally, I’d recommend checking out this other user who had a similar question in the Community!

Thanks for your participation in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Thank you for this. Is there any way to filter by time? Like people who joined in the last 30 days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rootco

You could create a segment of where you would dynamically pull those who joined a specific List of your choosing in the last 30 days and choose this segment as an option in the dropdown menu. However, this is not an option in the dropdown menu. 

Thanks for sharing your additional question! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Taylor, 

Thank you for your help, you’ve been very helpful.

If I want to then filter by actions, I don’t see it in the CSV. Is there anyway to filter by who placed an order before subscribing to a list or who subscribed to a list before placing an order?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rootco

Yes, this isn’t an option in the CSV. You can only choose Lists or Segments. While you can create a segment to see who has placed an order and isn’t in any of your Klaviyo Lists, it is much harder to pinpoint whether a user has placed an order before or right after joining a List. When creating segment, one can only segment on concrete timeframes rather than relative ones. You would have to specify certain dates you wish to include. Such as ‘placed order in the last X amount of days AND joined list in the last X amount of days to make them line up. However, this would have to be repeated often and done tediously, which might not be worth the effort. 

Alternatively you could analyze New/Returning Orders within a certain time frame, like this fellow community user. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Surely a dashboard view of lists and associated revenue is available? If not it really should be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @adamh

Thanks for your input here! It currently is not, but would gladly put in a feature request for you! In the meantime, I would use the process recommend above to discover revenue associated with a specific list! 

Thank you for you participation in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I agree the ability to see revenue by list from within Klaviyo directly would be very helpful. Even better if it can be filtered by date/time-range.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Taylor Tarpley - Is there a public roadmap of upcoming features? So we can get an idea if a feature request is going to be implemented or not.