Solved

Is there a way to see sources of spam spikes in Google Postmaster?

• 16 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

From time to time, we have quite significant spikes in spam rates on Google Postmaster, so we were wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to identify the sources these are coming from? If you know any third party platforms to check this our, please share them as well. 

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 16 January 2024, 20:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @justinepnk ,

Good question! But, Google doesn’t share the user level spam data with anyone. No ESP or tool can give you Gmail specific spam data.

It looks like in GPT, spam complaints are consistently high and should be controlled (go below 0.1% on an average) before it damages the reputation & deliverability further.

So, I’d strongly suggest you to start looking at your segmentation definition and tightening up the engagement criteria across all your targeting segments. Plus, make sure you have a strong content strategy to create relevant content for your segments and keep monitoring your KPIs closely.

Lastly, check your email acquisition & housekeeping efforts to make sure you are collecting optin users from your website/app and also cleaning up your email list with inactive/dormant users.

Here’s a resource that I have written in the community that you can checkout - 

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to connect and talk further.

Regards,

Mohsin