Solved

Klaviyo Email Campaigns not showing in GA4

• 2 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi, 

As stated above, I’m having trouble with finding campaigns after I search for them in GA4. 

I export the campaign information from Klaviyo including the campaign ID, and when I search for this in GA4, the campaign doesn’t show. 

I should have all of my tracking set up correctly to allow for campaign tracking and GA4 filters/ parameters are correct also. 

SOME campaigns do show up in GA4 as they should, but the ones that do show up are sporadic and there seems to be no consistency on this. 

Has anyone encountered something similar here? If there’s any insight to whether a fix is needed for GA4, Klaviyo, or website it would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 4 October 2023, 05:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @tbarrett!

I see that this was resolved in a ticket with our wonderful Support team, so let me know if you run into any further issues!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte 

Great to learn this issue was resolved … are you able to share the fix? I am also experiencing a similar issue. 

Thanks

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte, unfortunately the issue wasn’t resolved within the ticket and I had to do some external research.

I’ve found no solution so far but I’ve placed the topic here for discussion if anyone has found a resolve for this. 

Best,

Ted

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte, just wanted to come back to this as I’m still facing issues on this, with no resolve. 

Have you come across this issue since I posted this topic?

Thank you,
Ted

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @tbarrett ,

Can you send over a screenshot of what your UTM parameters are set for in Klaviyo? By default, Klaviyo  sets the UTM mediums as flows or campaigns. The problem is, GA4 doesn’t know what this medium means. 

Instead, I would have the UTMs set to something like this:

Let me know if this solves the issue!

edit: I had the wrong dynamic variable in the medium field in my original screenshot. I just updated it to reflect the correct one.  

I’m experiencing some strange tracking regarding Klaviyo flows and GA4. The utm_campaign (Title (id)) would show up in Universal Analytics, but ever since migrating to GA4, its been sketchy.

This could very well be a GA4 issue.