Solved

Klaviyo Inaccurate Data on GA4

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello there, 

I have an issue that I would hope you can help me with.

So on Google Analytics 4, it shows that I am getting Zero sales from Klaviyo while this is not the case. Can someone help with how I can fix this.

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 6 July 2023, 15:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Sumaya 

Are you saying that you can see Klaviyo as a source in GA4s Acquisition » Traffic Acquisition  » Session source report but zero sales from those sessions? Are you also confirming you’ve had sales from Klaviyo by reviewing its flow or campaign metrics? 

If so, one possible explanation is the way Klaviyo attributes sales.

By default, the contact only has to open a message, even without a click, and then purchase via another channel within Klaviyo’s attribution window (default 5-days) for a conversion in Klaviyo to be recorded against that flow/campaign. In that instance GA4 won’t see a click via Klaviyo and the purchase won’t be attributed to Klaviyo. 

Please let me know if that helps (or not!)

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Great response on how Klaviyo attributes sales from @bluesnapper.

Are you seeing session data in GA4 being attributed to email?  I’ve seen a lot of people set up UTM tracking incorrectly within Klaviyo. If using the default channel groupings in GA4, you typically need a medium of “email” for GA4 to properly attribute sales to that channel.