Solved

Migrating from Mailchimp and setting up dedicated sending domain. How to warm up?

• 13 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Like the title said, I have a client who is migrating from MailChimp. They also want to set up dedicated sending domain. The Klaviyo account is new. They have past open and click data from Maiclhimp. I already integrated Mailchimp and Klaviyo.

My main issue is warming up. Do I need to warm up twice?

Should I warm up for 2-4 weeks then set up dedicated sending domain or set up dedicated sending domain too and warm up?

How should I proceed about the warming up process?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 14 July 2023, 18:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @heysandesh9

Welcome to the Community, happy to help! 

Happy to hear you’ve migrated to Klaviyo! Here are some tools to help you have a smooth transition! 

For your questions about a dedicated sending domain and warming, if you are a new customer to Klaviyo, you will always need to warm your account regardless. Not all new clients know if they want to have a dedicated sending domain, and may choose that route later, and will have to follow the warming process again when switched to a dedicated sending domain that is launched in the past 30 days. However, if your client already knows they want one, then I would advise creating a dedicated sending domain first and then warming it all at once. It should be noted that it does take a few days to get your domain set up!

Tjanks for particing in the Community!

-Taylor