Solved

Multiple branded domains

• 10 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi folks,

I have multiple different brands that are associated with our same company. It’s all one company with one email address database, but we send from three brand names. These are @foo.com @bar.com and @baz.com. 

I have set up send.foo.com, so I expect the ones being sent from: support@foo.com will use that and that will be fine. However, I can’t find a way to set up the other two domains as branded domains. Is there currently a limit of 1 per account? Or is there a way to support multiple?

Thanks, Taylor

icon

Best answer by retention 11 February 2024, 01:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @taylorcluster, from my experience, you typically want to have one domain/platform per Klaviyo account.  You can talk to Klaviyo’s team to consolidate your invoicing/payments into one bill if that’s part of your concern of having multiple Klaviyo accounts. 

There’s a few edge cases where you can have one Klaviyo account for multiple ecommerce platforms (e.g. Regionalized Sites), but almost no scenarios where you want to share different top level domains (TLD) into one Klaviyo Account. 

Especially with the current environment of Google/Yahoo Bulk Sender requirements that require emails to be sent from branded domains that match the FROM: (or Reply-to:) email address.  Sending from Branded Domain A, and representing it as Domain B looks highly suspicious even though your intent is good - I suspect it will soon trigger all sort of internal spam flags or algorithms because that’s what the bad guys do to spam people.  

Also note, you can use one login to switch between the various Klaviyo accounts (between your various brands).  In fact, that’s how we agency partners can access and switch between all the client accounts we work with.

I’m going to link to some prior conversations about this for more context:

Hope this helps!