Solved

New Account - High Bounce Rate

• 11 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

We have just started using Klaviyo instead of Mailchimp for our two brands. At the moment we are using two accounts. We migrated all data from Mailchimp to Klaviyo. For one account we have issues sending email campaigns to our current list as we get an extremely high bounce rate and therefore a bad performance over all. For the other account we are able to use AI-giuded warming and the performance is so much higher. How is it possible to use AI-guided warming also for the other account (the account is new and we have more than 5000 profiles)? Using Mailchimp we did not have any problems with bounce rates at all and we do not want to lose our audience.. 

I appreciate all your feedback and tips.

Thanks so much.

Best regards from Germany,

Alicia

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 12 October 2023, 21:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @Alicia_A 

I can totally understand how overwhelming deliverability issues can be. But, surely you’ve come to the right place and I’ll be happy to help.

Can you help to provide a few details for my understanding:

1. When you have migrated from Mailchimp, have you migrated the blacklisted data (all bounces, unsubscribe, etc.) as well?
  2. Can you email me bounce logs with me here so that I can review?
  3. Are you facing bounce issues for both the accounts?
  4. Whats the audience definition you’re using in the warmup? And, how is the audience split between both the accounts? I assume audience would be different for both brands. Right?
  5. Will it be possible for you to share your sending domains, since ? You can email me those if that’s okay.

Regards,

Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @Alicia_A

One thing that might also be impacting your bounce rate is whether or not you’ve verified your sending domain in Klaviyo. There’s a similar discussion happening this week here, and you might find this answer I gave helpful.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005074627#-ask-contacts-to-provide-information-that-is-collected-as-a-custom-property3

Beyond that - I highly recommend you use a tool called Emailable to evaluate your list and help you identify how many emails are “undeliverable” or “risky” - that can help you determine what factors are causing the high bounce rate. 

It would be best to export your entire list, and run it through Emailable. THEN you could create custom profile properties in Klaviyo to track the “emailable_state” and import that CSV back into your list. THEN you could easily segment those who are flagged as undeliverable and suppress them. You might do similarly for those who are flagged as “risky,” but that’s up to you. Alternatively, you could quarantine the “risky” segment and exclude them from receiving any emails till after your bounce rate issues have been resolved.

Here’s an example of what this data would look like!

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

Badge

Hi @Alicia_A

One thing that might also be impacting your bounce rate is whether or not you’ve verified your sending domain in Klaviyo. There’s a similar discussion happening this week here, and you might find this answer I gave helpful.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005074627#-ask-contacts-to-provide-information-that-is-collected-as-a-custom-property3

Beyond that - I highly recommend you use a tool called Emailable to evaluate your list and help you identify how many emails are “undeliverable” or “risky” - that can help you determine what factors are causing the high bounce rate. 

It would be best to export your entire list, and run it through Emailable. THEN you could create custom profile properties in Klaviyo to track the “emailable_state” and import that CSV back into your list. THEN you could easily segment those who are flagged as undeliverable and suppress them. You might do similarly for those who are flagged as “risky,” but that’s up to you. Alternatively, you could quarantine the “risky” segment and exclude them from receiving any emails till after your bounce rate issues have been resolved.

Here’s an example of what this data would look like!

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

@ebusiness pros Thanks for you answer. The link you’ve sent is redirecting me to a guide in the help center about Profile properties references. Can you tell me how to check if the sending domain was verified or not? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best, Alicia

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

@Alicia_A oh no! Sorry about that - I was sharing too many links that day!

Here’s the community discussion I referenced, that’s similar to what you’re asking about. 

Then here’s the help doc to help you set up a verified sending domain in Klaviyo. This is the section of Klaviyo you would check that in, and set it up if it’s not already configured. https://www.klaviyo.com/settings/email/domains

Best,

Gabrielle