Solved

Our campaign CTR has halved has there been an update?

• 13 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

So our campaign CTR has more than halved in some cases over the last couple of weeks. Our open rates remain consistent and we haven’t made any changes to the current format. 25/10 our CTR was one of the highest ever 5.17% where as the week after this dropped to below 2% and has failed to break above this. 

Our open rates have remained consistent 40-45% so I unless hundreds of people all at once have decided not to click our emails, has there been some update to how these are being reported?

TIA

Luke

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 November 2023, 04:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @LukeH2!

There hasn’t been any updates to the way these metrics are reported, but may I ask if you have changed anything in your sending practices? I understand the content of your campaign hasn’t changed, but it might be useful to determine if there could be other systematical causes.

Also, it may be helpful to point out that these metrics can often be improved by list cleaning, as your consistent open rate means that there isn’t a deliverability issue, but a declining click rate means uninterested/unengaged recipients. We have several resources for that here:

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for your reply. I have cleansed the list, however I am sure there maybe more that I can do. 

I will have a look at trying to improve the CTR, hopefully this is a blessing in disguise as I was fairly comfortable with our previous CTR!

Thanks again, 

Luke