Solved

Recently moved to Klaviyo from Flodesk. Open rate of first email is down 40-50%

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I recently moved to Klaviyo from Flodesk. My last 3 newletter campaigns to a segment of just under 2000 people were in to 46-67% open rate range. My first email with Klaviyo to the same amount of people was under 9%. Anyone else have this issue after making the switch and have a solution? I’m extremely disappointed

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 10 January 2024, 18:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi Christina,

Welcome to the community! I understand how overwhelming and frustrating these deliverability issues can be.

Such deliverability fluctuations are bound to happen during initial migration days as you are building up the reputation with ISPs like Gmail. You must not get disappointed, have patience, and keep sending to your most engaged audience in low & slow manner (I.e. scale up your email volumes gradually). 

Please note, building up reputation and achieve better deliverability at Gmail takes 4-5 weeks depending upon your audience engagement, campaign performance and ISP feedback.

Few more tips to make sure you have the checklist in place-

• Have you suppressed all the blacklisted data (bounces, unsubscribe, spam complaints etc.) from Flodesk on Klaviyo?
  • Have you created a 30 days warmup strategy plan? - segment, content, frequency etc.
  • Have you setup your Postmaster for FROM domain to monitor domain/IP reputation health?
  • Keep sending at a regular cadence and avoid adding any bad or unengaged data during warmup phase and maintain regular cadence and scale up gradually.

Heres a resource from Klaviyo that will be helpful - https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005247008#:~:text=Deliverability%20is%20best%20measured%20through,and%20instead%20land%20in%20spam.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards 

Mohsin

Hello!

I have questions about the database migration from Flodesk to Klaviyo:

• How correctly match the fields between Flodesk and Klaviyo?
  • How correctly add "created at", "status", and the "last open" fields in Klaviyo? They need to be custom properties or Klaviyo Properties?
  • All the subscribers I will upload will have “never subscribed” status? or there is a way to add the correct status we have in Flodesk?

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @Mani! We have some really handy guides you can reference to help you map your data from Flodesk to Klaviyo:

As far as which property type to use, this is going to depend on what kind of data it is. This guide, while not specific to Flodesk, has very similar instructions as far as formatting your CSV file to map to Klaviyo. I also suggest consulting Flodesk’s documentation on exporting data to ensure you’re capturing everything correctly.

Hope that helps :)