Solved

Reincluding Freenet to your mailing-list

• 12 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hey guys,

back when we set up our klaviyo account we had to exclude t-online and freenet from our mailing list as no mails arrived. I just checked yesterday whats the exact issue with those emails and noticed we can now send to freenet without any problem. Some messages were sent to those and arrived regularry. We set up SPF/DKIM last summer. Could it be that this fixed the issue with sending to freenet and do you think it’s alright to reinclude those mails to our mailing-segments? Also we use a branded sending domain. :)

Was there a known issue with sending to freenet? Can we include these again? Thanks in advance! 

Kind regards,
Amina

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 24 January 2024, 16:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Minche!

I’m going to check on this internally and I’ll update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Minche!

One important clarification to make here is that freenet and t-online are not the same thing and have different rules. Although they are both inbox providers, t-online is just a bit more strict.

If anything, I would stress that an increase in sender reputation is more responsible for delivery success than anything, as that’s what inbox providers based their decision on when they are assessing whether to block an email or not.

Here are some great Community threads on building sender reputation:

Best,

Brian