Solved

Resetting sales data on dashboard?

• 17 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Problem Solver I
  • 4 replies

Hi all, I am about to launch a shopify site with klaviyo integration and have been testing payments before I launch. Is there a way in Kalviyo to reset the data it has been recording as it is not real sales data. Thanks :)

icon

Best answer by gmartu 17 November 2023, 13:10

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Fink 

To reset the test data in Klaviyo, navigate to your Klaviyo account, go to the profile drop-down, and select 'Account.' Under 'Account Settings,' click 'Privacy & Compliance,' and then 'Reset Metrics.' This will clear the test data. If you have more questions or need further assistance, I'd be happy to help!

Also, to reset test data in Klaviyo, you can create a new 'sandbox' account within your main account. This sandbox is isolated and won't affect your actual data. You can use a specific property, like 'test@email.com,' for your test orders, then create a segment excluding this email for accurate analytics.

Additionally, I specialize in Klaviyo and Shopify integrations and would love to share some insights to help you kickstart your journey. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to schedule a meeting to discuss strategies for gaining early momentum in the competitive market space. Best of luck with your Shopify launch!"

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Fink,

In my experience (if you are in a testing phase) the only way I found to "reset" was to delete the metric and redo the integration.

I would not recommend that for the reason that I don't know if you already have active flows that rely on that metric, in this case "Placed order".

I would recommend that you set the viewing period excluding the days prior to Go Live.

Here is another similar question that had been asked: https://community.klaviyo.com/campaigns-and-flows-30/how-to-reset-metric-dimensions-6816

I hope I was able to help you out!

Badge

Thanks for the reply, I think going by that link they suggested deleting metric as well. Which as you say may not be the greatest idea. When you say set the viewing period do you mean just by selecting custom date range within the metric.