Solved

Seeking Advice: Daily Campaign Emails Landing in Promotions Tab

• 5 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello Klaviyo Community,

I'm reaching out for insights or advice on an issue we're facing with our email deliverability. Despite our efforts to maintain high engagement and deliverability rates, our daily marketing campaigns consistently land in the promotions tab for our subscribers.

Background:
Our business model requires us to send daily campaigns to our subscribers, showcasing new items in our store. Each email typically features 12-13 products. Tools like Gmass and Warmup Inbox indicate a high deliverability rate, with most emails landing in the inbox during testing phases. However, when we send out our actual campaigns, they invariably end up in the promotions tab.

Steps Taken:

• We've been using Warmup Inbox to improve our domain's reputation, which shows promising results outside of our actual campaigns.
  • Our content is straightforward, focusing on the new items without any aggressive sales language that might trigger spam filters.

Specific Concerns:

• Could the daily frequency of our campaigns contribute to this issue?
  • Is there something in the structure or content of our emails that's causing them to be categorized as promotional by email providers?
  • Are there best practices for ensuring product showcase emails land in the inbox tab?

I'm eager to hear from anyone who has faced similar challenges or has insights into navigating the promotions tab dilemma. Any advice on adjusting our approach or strategies you've found effective would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my query. Looking forward to your valuable suggestions!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 5 February 2024, 12:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @Yaroslav 

Good question. However, this is not a deliverability issue - your emails are being received OK!

From what you say, you are taking the necessary steps to ensure your emails are relevant and engaging.  That they are being put into the ‘promotions’ tab is usual behaviour! They are, after all, promotional. View it from the recipient’s perspective: important stuff » inbox, non-important » promo, which make sense.

Email systems that offer this feature, such as Gmail, consider many factors when deciding if an email gets filed under the promotions tab. You’ve mentioned a few of the significant ones that are within your control - engagement, content, and layout structure (HTML). However, recipients can also classify emails as promotional which means emails from that sender are more likely to get promotional filing in the future.

It sounds like you’re doing the right things, and focusing on getting more emails delivered and improving engagement are key. However, you’ll spend a lot of time chasing the promotions ‘challenge’, which is both elusive and not worthwhile in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

Regards