Solved

Sending Email from Profile Fail

• 10 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi all

I have just tried to send an email to a singular person who is on a Klaviyo list, using the Messages button found in their profile.

The message sent successfully, but never arrived at it’s destination?

I tried to send a different email to my private email to test it out. (I have a profile in the list for this very reason). Same result. The Email sends, I can see in the profile that it sent, but it does not end up in the inbox or spam or junk folder of the recipient.

I have successfully sent out 3 different campaigns without issue. Any suggestions welcome.

Regards to all

Matt

icon

Best answer by Irrra 10 February 2023, 18:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Matt Bone,

If you have successfully sent out campaigns in the past, but are now encountering issues when sending an email to a singular person using the "Messages" button, there could be several reasons for this. Here are a few potential causes to consider:

• Spam filters: The recipient's email provider may have marked the email as spam and placed it in their spam folder. You can ask the recipient to check their spam folder and mark the email as "not spam" if they find it there.
  • Email address: Ensure that you have entered the correct email address for the recipient, and double-check for any typos.
  • Email client: The recipient may be using an email client that is blocking the email or marking it as spam. They can check their email client's spam or junk folder to see if the email was delivered there.
  • Email domain: Some email domains have strict spam filters in place, and messages sent from Klaviyo may be flagged as spam. In this case, you may want to reach out to the recipient's email provider to see if they can whitelist Klaviyo's sending IPs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Matt Bone,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

On top of those points made by @Irrra, I would also suggest checking out some past Community posts that discuss this same topic:

Keep in mind that although Klaviyo is the sending provider of your emails, the actual deliverance of your emails would be your recipient’s inbox provider. When emails are indicated as “sent” in Klaviyo and “recevied” by your recipient, it means just that. This means that the email was sent by Klaviyo and your recipient’s inbox provider has recevied that electronic message.

This does not mean that it has made it in their inbox though. When a message shows up and is delivered to your recipient’s inbox will vary depending on a number of factors. This includes any additional network filters that the message needs to go through and pending your inbox provider’s review of the email.

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @David To!
Yes, thank you for the addition, it is very useful information 💪

Badge +1

Hi @Irrra and @David To 

I really appreciate both of your responses.

One of the emails I sent from a profile using the message button,  was to a test profile I set up to test that the campaigns were being received. I was receiving campaigns, however I did not receive the  message I sent from the profile page using the message button. Nothing appeared in my spam either.

I am away from the office for most of this coming week, but when I get back I will look at the posts that you recommended David, and I will let you both know how I went.

Once again I really appreciate your responses to my question.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Matt Bone!
Always ready to help, happy to hear that everything worked (and if not you can always find us here 😉)