Solved

SMTP sending domain

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Klaviyo team

We’re setting up a DNS to use Klaviyo however our technical team has responded with the below information:

As per IS policy of our company, we cannot go with send grid option. To support you in this situation the best we can do is to whitelist your domain for 2 weeks to send the emails in the meanwhile contact with tool owner/domain owner to fix DMARC issue. Kindly share the domain which you want to use to send email.

We need your help to proceed with fixing the issue.

Thanks,

Yousef 

icon

Best answer by David To 4 May 2023, 21:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @yousef,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I think it would be helpful to share more details on the issue you’re having to see if other Community members have experienced a similar behavior and can provide a solution. 

Am I correct in thinking that this sounds like your DNS provider is unable to add CNAME records pointing to sendgrid.net in order to setup a dedicated sending domain?

From reading the response, this sounds to be directly related to a DMARC issue - which Klaviyo has no control over. In fact, DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) is independent form Klaviyo and is something that is managed through your own domain policy. 

If you have a DMARC policy in place, setting up and using a dedicated sending domain would allow your Klaviyo emails to pass your domain’s DMARC policy.

I would also suggest taking a look at some past Community post which touches on this topic. I’ve included some below that I think you mind find helpful to get you started:

I hope this helps!

David