Solved

SSL certificate for a Shopify store

Badge +2

Hi guys, 

We’ve setup a dedicated click tracking with Klaviyo and need to set up the SSL too to avoid any insecure links etc. As explained here https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052205052-How-to-set-up-SSL-for-dedicated-click-tracking . 

But we don’t use any of that like Cloudflare etc., we’re on Shopify Plus and I believe using their SSL for our domain. DNS records are managed directly at GoDaddy. 

Can anybody please advise how we should set up this SSL? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 27 October 2022, 23:52

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @lleontiy and welcome to the Community!

At the bottom of the article you referenced, there’s a note that recognizes the many different ways to set up SSL for click tracking:

the three options outlined in this article are not the only options for setting up SSL for dedicated click tracking; however, they are the more common solutions.

Since there are so many DNS providers out there, instructions will vary greatly and depend on the DNS provider.

While we did provide some instructions for the most popular services in the Help Center, this is truly more of a question for your DNS provider - there’s not much to be done on Klaviyo’s side. To that end, I would recommend reaching out to your DNS provider for support on this matter.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for being a Community member!

-Brian

Badge +2

Hi @lleontiy and welcome to the Community!

At the bottom of the article you referenced, there’s a note that recognizes the many different ways to set up SSL for click tracking:

the three options outlined in this article are not the only options for setting up SSL for dedicated click tracking; however, they are the more common solutions.

Since there are so many DNS providers out there, instructions will vary greatly and depend on the DNS provider.

While we did provide some instructions for the most popular services in the Help Center, this is truly more of a question for your DNS provider - there’s not much to be done on Klaviyo’s side. To that end, I would recommend reaching out to your DNS provider for support on this matter.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for being a Community member!

-Brian

Thx Brian!

Badge

Has any Shopify user figured this out for their store? We’ve having the same issue. Shopify provides SSL already, so it’s unclear why we can’t set this up directly with Shopify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @madebymle,

If Shopify is your DNS provider, then you certainly can (and should) go through setting up SSL for a dedicated click tracking through Shopify. 

In addition to the How to set up SSL for dedicated click tracking help center article that was mentioned, I would further suggest taking a look at both our Understanding dedicated click tracking and How to set up dedicated click tracking articles as well. 

David

Badge

Hello @madebymle,

If Shopify is your DNS provider, then you certainly can (and should) go through setting up SSL for a dedicated click tracking through Shopify. 

In addition to the How to set up SSL for dedicated click tracking help center article that was mentioned, I would further suggest taking a look at both our Understanding dedicated click tracking and How to set up dedicated click tracking articles as well. 

David

The issue is Shopify refuses to do this… They claim they are unable to, and trying to use cloudflare is an insane headache.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @CodyGG,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some troubles with Shopify saying they are unable to setup SSL for click tracking purposes. 

Because this pertains specifically to your DNS backend settings, this would be a topic best suited being discussed with your DNS provider. Different DNS providers have different limitations and capabilities. 

If you need help setting up and using Cloudflare - or any other DNS solutions, I would encourage you to reach out to some of our Klaviyo Partners. I know from past experiences, they’ve previously helped other members in similar situations. 

David

Hello @madebymle,

David

The issue is Shopify refuses to do this… They claim they are unable to, and trying to use cloudflare is an insane headache.

Hey @CodyGG what did you end up doing for SSL click tracking and Shopify?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Dano2!

Unfortunately we can only provide instruction on how to set up dedicated click tracking in Klaviyo - we don’t have any insight into how Shopify addresses it on their end.

I would recommend reaching out to their support who may be able to assist further.

Best,

Brian

Hey lleontiy,

We have the same issue. We use Shopify and our DNS provider is GoDaddy.
We stuck with the same issue, we cannot set the SSL certificate on the click tracking subdomain.

Did you find a way to figure this out?

We use cloudfare ssl for free for our Shopify store and it fixed the issue. 

We use cloudfare ssl for free for our Shopify store and it fixed the issue. 

So you had to migrate your domain from Godaddy to cloudflare to do so? Because in our case our domain provider is GoDaddy.