Solved

Subscribed to list data

• 24 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I would like to analyse the impact ($) of the contests we run, that work with subscription to a list.

For this purpose, I have created a Multi-Metric report in which I request the sum of unique profiles who subscribed to a list and the sum of placed order value, with a filter on my UTM Campaign.

My question is : do people who were already in my list appear in the results?

Or is there any better way to get the information I am looking for ie NEW subscribers and sales associated only with these NEW subscribers for my contest?

Thank you for your help,

Cecile

icon

Best answer by Tonio 25 March 2023, 12:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Regarding the question about whether people who were already on the list appear in the results, the answer is yes. The report will include all subscribers who subscribed during the contest period, regardless of whether they were already on the list.

If you're looking for information on new subscribers and sales associated only with new subscribers for your contest, one workaround is to create a segment of subscribers who joined the list during the contest period and have not made a purchase before. You can then track the sales associated with this segment using the "Placed Order Value" metric in a multi-metric report.

Alternatively, you can create a separate list or tag for contest-related subscribers and track their sales separately using a multi-metric report. This will give you a clear picture of the impact of the contest on both subscription and sales without including existing subscribers.

Badge +2

Thank you Tonio! It makes perfect sense, however I can’t find how to filter by list or segment in the multi-metric report. The filter options I can access do not seem to include list nor segment. Can you please help me with that? Thank you so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Cec,

I think @Tonio may be confusing the multi-metric report with a campaign performance report. Only in a campaign performance report would you be able to group the list/segments. 

I believe what @Tonio meant was to build a campaign performance report based on the timeframe of when your contest ran using the Placed Order value conversion metric and grouping the data by list/segment (of your first time subscribers) and campaign. 

David

Badge +2

Thank you David! However this will only give me an indication of how my campaigns performed, not what new subscribers coming from the contest purchased overall. Is there any other way? Thanks.

Cecile

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Cec,

You’re very welcome! I was just trying to provide some further clarification by what @Tonio meant. 

The way I would recommend finding out how much revenue a segment generated would be by exporting your Best People. @Bobi N. actually posed the same solution in the below Community post:

David

Badge +2

Thank you @David To , very helpful!